Sunday, March 29, 2015

March Recap

I have not written a blog post in a while because I have been very busy! We have had a few fun things happen in Cork recently, and on top of all of that, I have been writing all of my final papers. Here is a quick recap of what has been happening since St. Patrick's Day.

Caitlin, as well as my roommate Kate, had some friends of visit cork, and we did lots of fun things with them around the city.
The view from the top of St. Anne's Church

Caitlin, Lindsay, Kathleen, Me 

As you can see it was a beautiful day! We then continued around the city center where we found the brand new Starbucks! This is a very big deal because not only are there no other Starbucks, but most of the coffee here is pretty bad so its nice to see a familiar, reliable, coffee shop. 


Later that night I went out for drinks with my roommates and Kate's friend Ally, who was visiting for the week. 
Kate, Suzanne, Ines, Me, and Ally at The Edison

 March 23rd was Caitlin's 21st birthday! We are still in the midst of classes so we went to class for the day, and celebrated later that night.  We got her a birthday cake from the English Market and decorated her bedroom, and common room with lots of balloons, a 21st birthday sign, and completed her outfit with a princess tiara! After cake and presents we went out for a quick drink, but being a Monday night we called it quits early on. 

Caitlin blowing out her candles

On Tuesday night we had more time to celebrate so the Cork group, Chelsea, Nicole, Julia, Caitlin and Me were joined by Lindsay for dinner at Cafe Mexicana. It is this adorable hole in the wall Mexican restaurant that I went to once before and knew had excellent food so I was very excited to go back.

My dinner of enchiladas

 Later in the week my St. Patrick's Day package finally arrived from my mom! She had told me that something would be coming so each day I was patiently checking reception to see if something had come for me.  Finally, after two weeks, it got here, and was well worth the wait! As always, it included socks, and also a scarf; very nice surprise.

St. Patrick's Day Care Package

Thursday night of last week was especially fun.  Caitlin and I worked out in between our classes and arrived home for the night at 7pm.  Famished, and in the mood for good food, we decided to go to La Tana for dinner. This was perfect because I had stashed away for a day exactly like that one, a gift from my older sister, Katie.  She had snuck into my bag the day I left a card with this envelope inside, along with some euros.  I have been holding on to it all year, excited about when I get to use it, and I was so happy I finally did.  
My gift from Katie

Caitlin and I decided to split two different kinds because there were too many good options and we could not decide.  We landed on a Campagna, and a Parma; two of the best pizzas I have ever had!

Parma: parma ham with sundried tomatoes and basil pesto

Campagna: caramelized plums (although I could have sworn they were peaches), parmesean cheese, parma ham, and rocket (which is their way of saying arugula) 

THANK YOU KATIE!!! 

Today, I attended Palm Sunday mass at the church located right behind my apartment complex.  The priest was a fast talker so it ended up being the shortest Palm Sunday mass that I have ever been to, just over an hour! 
Palm and Program from the Church of the Immaculate Conception 

In between all of this fun has been a lot of hard work finishing up my papers, but I am getting very excited about my trip coming up, almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment