Sunday, November 9, 2014

An Apple and A Bowl of Dry Cereal

I've said before that each time I travel I learn something new.  Well this time my lesson came after I arrived home....to absolutely no food.

After arriving home from Prague last Sunday evening, after having eaten nothing else that day but an apple pastry and two eggs, that was my dinner.  The problem with being an adult is that I had no one to blame but myself.

I usually go to the grocery store at least once, if not multiple times per week.  However, two weeks ago, before I left for Belgium I did not go because I was trying to eat all my food so it did not go bad while I was away for the weekend.  Then I got back and only bought a few items for the following week because I was leaving for Prague in three days.  BIG mistake.

In that time I had completely gone through everything in my fridge and all of my reserves. I came home sunday and had no eggs, milk, cheese, or bread. Oh, and the country doesn't believe in snacks so there was no bag of goldfish or pretzels lying around. Oops.

A few days later I told this story to my sister Katie, to which she replied, "well next time make sure you have food for when you get back".  Thank you.  Following her great advice I went to Tesco today and, in addition to buying food for this week, re-stocked all my reserves.  Needless to say I will not make that mistake again.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome :)

    I'm so glad you listened to my advice!

    ReplyDelete