Saturday, September 20, 2014

Cobh

Today my friends and I took an impromptu trip to Cobh, pronounced "cove".  It is a beautiful, small town in Country Cork, and is home to Cork Harbor. This is where all the Irish immigrants who came to America through Ellis Island left Ireland from, and one of the ports of call for the Titanic. However, the best part about Cobh had to be how colorful it was!










After exploring the town a bit, we stopped for lunch.  I ordered a vegetable soup that came with Irish brown bread, and it was delicious!


We stopped in the afternoon and got tea and scones (because when in Ireland) and brought them to the park where there was a live blues band playing.  It was very relaxing and perfect fall weather to sit on the green and enjoy the day

My tea and raison scone

 As you can see by the blue skies in these photos, we lucked out with a gorgeous day (even though it was predicted to downpour) so I was able to accurately capture how beautiful this town is. 


Our group: Me, Grace, Caitlin, Nicole, Chelsea
un-pictured: Julia and Molly 




This is me on the railing surrounding St. Colman's Cathedral. Unfortunately, I could not get any good photos of the cathedral up close because it is so big you can only see pieces of it at a time. 



Additionally, I was the one who organized this trip and we successfully, and easily, got there and back! This was great experience for future trips, and a nice confidence booster! 

No comments:

Post a Comment