Thursday, February 5, 2015

Semester Two

It is Thursday night and I have just finished my fourth week of classes.

Here is the lineup:
  • Sociology of Law
  • Irish Folklore
  • Science in Society
  • Sociology of Media
  • Sociology of Development and Globalization 
  • Political Sociology 
The choices for this semester were based off of a few factors. 

  1. Schedule: I loved having no classes on Friday last semester so much that it was a necessity to maintain the four day week
  2. Finals: Each of the classes I have chosen are graded based upon final papers, not final examinations. The due dates for final papers are given out significantly earlier than the exams are scheduled, and I wanted the freedom at the end of the semester to travel without restriction. 
  3. Interest: The folklore class is something that I will only find in Ireland and I wanted to take advantage of UCC's unique selection. 
  4. Professor: There were a few professors I had last semester that, to put it mildly, should have chosen another profession. However, I had one sociology professor that was outstanding, and I choose two sociology classes simply because she was teaching them.  
  5. I did NOT choose based on times however.  This was a motivating factor for me last semester, and even though it was more efficient I decided there were more important things to consider. 
So far this semester has been going really well.  Experiencing everything the second time is a lot easier because I have had time to work the kinks out, and learn all of the tips and tricks of UCC. It seems crazy to me that in a few months I will have been a student at UCC for half as long as my time as a student at Holy Cross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment